Monday, July 16, 2012

Technology

I am in love with the technology in my house, maybe a little bit too much. Like most teenagers, I really can't imagine life without anything that has a GUI of some sort. So imagine my face when everything manages to break in two days. My mother's TV broke a few days ago because of some sort of short. While this didn't directly affect me, I can already tell how bored she seems. Yesterday, while watching Supernatural, my phone started acting up. Today, it stopped charging.

Coincidence? I think not. Time to sprinkle salt everywhere.

I've been phoneless for about 7 hours now and I already feel weird. I use my phone for everything, from playing games to browsing the internet in between multiplayer matches on Xbox. Without my poor phone, I feel like Hall without Oates. I feel like Queen without Freddie Mercury.

 Who knew the true power one mustache could have?

Even now, my lamp has been acting weird. If it's not one thing, it's another. I just don't understand how my ancestors could deal without constantly checking Facebook and all of these other modern things that have taken over my life. It's actually quite depressing when you think about it. Imagine how much more I could amount to if I just limited these things? Still, it's not as if technology is completely useless. 

Thanks, Mr. Harington.

I guess, in the end, it really just depends on our usage of the things around us. Everything in moderation, no? Still, you can't deny that it really does suck when things break. I know it wasn't my fault, but I can't help but feel like a bad owner because of my phone. The goods of today are becoming necessities, but it's hard to deny the scary implications that may come with this transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment