Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Learning and breaking

My friend suggested that I try to learn Python over the summer break. My prior experience with coding hasn't exactly been the best. Every time someone tries to teach me a language, they try to do it haphazardly and try to shove a ton of information into a small amount of time. Now, with MIT in my future, I figure it would be best to learn Python. I just wish computers could think for themselves.

LEARN HOW TO DO YOUR OWN SHIT.

Since I haven't picked much up, I decided to start with www.learnpythonthehardway.org. So far, I've actually been picking the language up pretty easily. Still, I am much more adept with Powershell, but hopefully I get to an awesome level of Python expertise soon. School is starting in a few weeks, so I don't have much time for that I guess.

On another note, housing assignments for MIT came out and I am sad. I put Simmons first and got my FOURTH choice. What the hell, guys? This algorithm isn't as awesome as you guys made it seem.

Go die, math.

Really, I have nothing against New 2, but I feel like it's more homogeneous than I want it to be. Everyone else on the page is really happy with their choices, but I can't help but feel like I have no luck anymore. I'll definitely be REXing it up next month, but I wish I didn't have to. I'm starting to think that lotteries will be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment